A reason to celebrate geographically

Okay, so here's how much of a nerd I am. I love checking all the comments, sales, and trends on Amazon's Author Central. This is an account Amazon creates for authors so that you can see where your books are in the rankings, what users have posted in reviews and lists, and where in the country your books are selling. I just discovered Author Central and I'm fascinated by it. It also does something else for me--it connects me with the ongoing lives of these books I write and love. :) It's a little like having one of your children grow up and then move across the country to take a job or start a new life...after a while you can feel distanced, like you don't know what's going on. Amazon Author Central lets me check in on all my kids and see how they're doing. (In that way, it's little like Facebook for books).

So anyway, ever since I began checking Author Central, it showed that my books have sold in 99 of 100 geographical locations in the United States. 99!!! That's a lot, and I'm thankful! But I kept focusing on that one region where nobody was buying any of the books I'd written. Over time, I thought maybe it was a glitch in the system or something. And then this morning! Just a few minutes ago--I logged in and voila!--Author Central told me my books have now sold in 100 of 100 U.S. geographic regions. I am complete. I am happy. I feel like hugging the whole country.


I told you, I'm a nerd. But it's so great to know that with all this effort and energy, people are receiving and welcoming what I do. That's a great feeling, and it keeps me doing it! If you're one of the readers of the books I write, THANK YOU! :) I hope you continue to find good ideas, helpful steps, and the information you need in my books. And if not (or even if so), feel free to write and tell me so.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home